Votre Forum

Identifiez-vous avec le pseudo d'administration pour configurer et personaliser votre forum.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

#1 16-05-2018 09:06:29

hfy962464
Membre

and I would be silly if I took Jerryd Bayless

CANTON, Ohio -- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell defended himself Friday against criticism that he was too lenient in suspending Ray Rice two games for his "horrible mistake. Bruce Matthews Jersey ." "We just cant make up the discipline," Goodell said. "It has to be consistent with other cases. And it was in this matter." Goodell stressed that the Baltimore running back has assumed responsibility for his conduct, has no history of assault and is following a court order to enter a diversionary program following his domestic violence arrest. "Weve dealt with it in a serious manner, and were very confident that this young man understands where he is and what he needs to do going forward," Goodell said. "I think whats important here is Ray has taken responsibility for this. Hes been accountable for his actions. He recognizes he made a horrible mistake that is unacceptable by his standards, by our standards. And hes got to work to re-establish himself." Goodell spoke a day before the Pro Football Hall of Fame induction ceremony. It was his first opportunity to answer questions regarding Rice since disciplining him July 24. A day earlier, Rice apologized at training camp in his first comments since the suspension. He called his actions "totally inexcusable" and acknowledged he must live with this for the rest of his life. The six-year veteran will miss the Ravens season opener against Cincinnati on Sept. 7 and the Sept. 11 game against Pittsburgh. Rice allegedly struck then-fiancee Janay Palmer, now his wife, on Feb. 15 in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The 27-year-old player has been accepted into a diversion program and upon completion could result in the charges being expunged. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was suspended six games in 2010 after being accused of sexually assaulting a 20-year-old college student. That suspension was eventually reduced to four games. Goodell said, unlike Roethlisberger, Rice had not had off-field problems before. "If its a first offence, someone whos had a strong background of being very responsible in the community, doing the right things and not violating other policies or anything else that reflect poorly on the NFL, then we would take that into account," Goodell said. "And when theres a pattern, we also take that into account on the other side." Many critics contend Rices suspension is insufficient when compared to longer suspensions for players who violate the leagues substance abuse policy. Goodell noted there is a policy in place to determine punishment based on the number of times a player tests positive. "You have to respond to facts here. You have a lot of people voicing their opinions," Goodell said. "But I think its important to understand that this is a young man who made a terrible mistake." Goodell also stressed that Rice acknowledged he was wrong and promised to speak out against domestic violence. The commissioner said it was important he had the chance to meet with both the player and Palmer. "What I want to see is success stories," Goodell said. "I want to see people, when they make a mistake, I want to see them take responsibility, be accountable for it and make a difference going forward. I hope thats what Ray Rice is going to do." On other league matters, Goodell declined to comment on possible suspensions for three players implicated in the Miami Dolphins bullying scandal last season, but he said theyve fulfilled league requirements so far. Richie Incognito, Mike Pouncey and John Jerry were all implicated in the episode, which prompted tackle Jonathan Martin to quit the team. "There are different issues with different individuals," Goodell said. "The bottom line is everything is proceeding. Theyre doing what theyve been asked to do. And that we will make individual decisions if necessary." Pouncey is still with the Dolphins. Jerry is with the New York Giants. Incognito, whose troubled relationship with Martin caused the scandal to mushroom, is unsigned. "I would say the one person that has been very responsive and has gone through the program is Richie Incognito," Goodell said. "Were working with his people and monitoring his progress." Taylor Lewan Jersey .com Tour title, closing with a 6-under 64 for a four-stroke victory. The 22-year-old former North Texas player finished at 12-under 268 at Panama Golf Club and earned $112,500 to jump from seventh to second on the money list with $171,500. Nate Palmer Jersey . -- Damian Lillard couldnt believe when he got a clear look at the rim. http://www.titansstoreonline.com/Black- … ns-Jersey/ .com) - Quarterback Cardale Jones will return to Ohio State next season.MEMPHIS, Tenn. - Jerryd Bayless finally found his range, Memphis clamped down on defence and the Grizzlies used the combination for a victory. Bayless keyed a fourth-quarter rally, scoring all of his 15 points in the period, to lead Memphis to a 95-88 victory over the Boston Celtics on Monday night. Bayless was 6 of 7 in the quarter as Memphis erased a six-point Boston lead with just under 9 minutes to play. "Thats what Jerryd does. Hes a volume scorer," said Memphis guard Tony Allen, who had four steals. "He can fill it up. . That was big for us." Zach Randolph and Mike Conley also had 15 for Memphis, Conley handing out eight assists. Marc Gasol finished with 14 points and grabbed eight rebounds. Jeff Green led the Celtics with 22 points, while Jared Sullinger scored 16, going 2 of 3 from outside the arc. Avery Bradley scored 14, and Jordan Crawford finished with 12. The Celtics fell to 0-4 under rookie coach Brad Stevens, the first time Boston has lost its first four games since the 1969-70 season. "I think you just understand where we are and where we have to go," Stevens said. "You do your best to focus on whats next and not pay too much attention to anything else." The Celtics, who are the worst team in the league at committing turnovers, matched their average with 21, while Memphis wasnt much better with 19. "Our biggest thing right now is turning the ball over, theres no question about it," Stevens said. "If we dont do that, were going to have a better chance of winning." Memphis held the Celtics to 33 per cent shooting in the final quarter, while Memphis was 10 of 15, and it was all Bayless. Only two other Memphis players took more than one shot in the fourth - Allen and Jon Leuer with two each. "I kept looking at my staff saying: When should I put Mike Conley in," Memphis coach Dave Joerger said. "And then Jerryd Bayless kept making buckets, and I would be silly if I took Jerryd Bayless out of the game. Eric Decker Jersey. " Stevens seemed to have a chance at his first NBA victory until Bayless got untracked in the fourth quarter, mostly from around the top of the key. "I (stunk) the first half honestly." Bayless said. "I was bad. Missing layups and doing things I normally dont do. . It was bad. But I stayed positive, knowing we had to change." In a matchup featuring teams with two of the highest turnover rates in the league, both reached double figures before the break, the Celtics with 12, Memphis with 10. Memphis, which trailed 50-46 at the break, opened the second half with a 12-4 burst. Gasol, who missed both his shots in the first half, had 10 early in the third to help the rally that contributed to a 66-57 Memphis lead. It didnt last as Memphis started misfiring, leading to 15 unanswered points for Boston, capped by Sullingers 3-pointer. That gave the Celtics a 72-66 lead heading into the fourth. Bayless, who was scoreless and had missed all four of his shots in the first three quarters, hit his first six shots in the frame. The comeback was complete when he hit a 3-pointer with 4:19 left. The Celtics never led again. "Im not really thinking about stats during the game," Bayless said. "Im just trying to worry about what we need to do to figure out this win. "Anybody can have a good night like tonight. Luckily, it was my night." NOTES: The best Grizzlies scoring performance against the Celtics is 41 by Bryant Reeves in 1998. .The game featured two of the youngest coaches in the league. Bostons Stevens is youngest at 37; Memphis Dave Joerger is third-youngest at 39. Jacque Vaughn of Orlando at 38 is between them. .The Celtics, who lost 87-77 at Detroit on Sunday night, were playing their first back-to-back of the season. Boston plays road games on consecutive nights 10 times this season. .The 88 points by the Celtics marked the first time this season Memphis has held an opponent under 100 points. Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap Jerseys 2018 Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

Pied de page des forums

Créez Votre Propre Forum
Insérer vos Graphiques
Dictionnaires de Traduction
Hébergé par ForumCrea.com